10 Interesting Search Engine Optimization Statistics Every Company Should Know
Search engine optimization (SEO) allows you to know how customers are searching for and finding information about your brand and your competitors online. By incorporating evidence based SEO strategies in your digital marketing efforts, you’ll increase your website’s visibility and rankings on Google. The following search engine optimization statistics will help you hone in on your SEO strategy, increase website traffic, and boost customer conversions.
- 64% of marketers actively invest time in search engine optimization (SEO).
- 49% of users say they use Google to discover or find a new item or product.
- 33% of searches on Google now end without a click on a result.
- 94% of internet searches happen on a Google property.
- 21% is the average CTR from image results on Google but it differs widely by industry.
- 900% growth over a 2 year period in mobile searches for “___ near me today/tonight.”
- 60% of smartphone users have contacted a business directly using the search results such as the “click to call” option.
- 200% growth over a 2 year period in mobile searches for “open” + “now” + “near me.”
- 46% of shoppers surveyed confirm inventory online before going to a store.
- 70% of shoppers surveyed say the ability to shop in-person/ in a store is important when deciding which brand or retailer to buy from.
Looking for more statistics on search engine optimization? Visit hubspot.com